<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13026886\x26blogName\x3dTmfc+Out+of+Bounds!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tmfcoutofbounds.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tmfcoutofbounds.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4508965599432447662', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"Fully live in the moment, and the energy of that moment will surpass all boundaries."

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates


Syndicate this site

Add to My Yahoo!


Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe in Pluck RSS reader

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory































































































































































































































































Tmfc Out of Bounds!

Thursday, June 02, 2005
One bite at a time...
"Eskimos eat whales a bite at a time."


Don't know who said it, but I get their message loud and clear. "Don't bite off more than you can chew."

Think about it. What happens when you overestimate the amount of burger that'll fit in your mouth at once? Ugly face-itis.

The symbolism carries from the table to life. It's a lesson that, to be perfectly honest, I've never learned or come anywhere near perfecting. But, just because I don't get it doesn't mean it can't be gotten. When we overextend ourselves we aren't experiencing life to it's fullest OR allowing life to experience us at our best.

Granted, writers of self-help type articles or blogs are supposed to put perfection out there - at least pretend to be perfect...not flaunt their flaws like perfect fools. I can be accused of a lot of things, but I never botox my image. (Completely irrelevant and totally off-topic, but botox is ugly. Why hasn't this occured to anyone? Makes most people just look....weird.)

I'm forever putting more on my plate at once than any one person should try to handle. It's my approach at Golden Corral and it's my approach in life. "I'll take that, I'll do this, I want that, gotta have this..." I think I'd probably extend my life by several decades if I just quit over-extending my days.

A while back, I was literally working on THREE websites at once - and, get this, one of the three was devoted to Mental Fitness! Irony's a mother. Nearly drove myself insane working on a website promoting sanity. That's just so me.

Normal, rational people break life down into manageable pieces. They're the ones who put one site up at a time. They take on a task, complete the task, then move on to the next. They don't fling themselves into the middle of 100 different things and thoughts and once. THEY don't end up staring blankly out the window fixated on trees - as though waiting for them to dance or mate or something. At the end of the day, they look back upon what they accomplished and smile at their sane self in the mirror.

They go to a buffet and eat a "themed" meal - either seafood or Italian or steak and potatoes. They don't just pile it on to keep from leaving any out. It's like the MEs of the world think food has feelings and we don't want to offend!

All right, that's it. I'm getting on what's left of my nerves and wearing myself out. I'm going to start working on being more disciplined - in life, of course, not at the buffet. I WILL start attacking projects one at a time. Do this. Done. Move on. I'm going to be organized, calm, disciplined and orderly.

After today, that is. I have way too much to do today.

By the way, 14. Trees in our yard. Five apple, one pear. Never danced or mated. Not while I was watching, anyway.

~Joi

Only a crazy woman would attempt to do what you do, every day. Sorry to say, you probably learned from me.

A quote for the new Joi to remember..." If it ain't done, it ain't jack. " ~ Marlon Sanders

Life's short...blog hard !

Mike  

_____________________

Post a Comment