<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13026886\x26blogName\x3dTmfc+Out+of+Bounds!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tmfcoutofbounds.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tmfcoutofbounds.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4508965599432447662', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"Fully live in the moment, and the energy of that moment will surpass all boundaries."

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates


Syndicate this site

Add to My Yahoo!


Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe in Pluck RSS reader

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory































































































































































































































































Tmfc Out of Bounds!

Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Tuesday Buffet!
Okay. Bear with me. I may seem a little bit er·rat·ic (adj.) -

1. Having no fixed or regular course; wandering.

2. Lacking consistency, regularity, or uniformity: an erratic heartbeat.

3. Deviating from the customary course in conduct or opinion; eccentric: erratic behavior.

The reason is I am a little erratic. I just mask it from time to time - I dress it up and call it busy. Sometimes I even fool myself! All true, that.

Anyway, you've been warned. This post will be all over the place - so hang on.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

First of all:

We've recently put up three other blogs. Below are the links, along with why you might want to check them out.

Get Cooking! - Cooking is one of my greatest loves in my world. A perfect day for me is when I'm in the kitchen, fixing something special for my family, trying out a new somethingoranother I've come up with or fixing up an old family fave (like Spinach Artichoke Dip, Buttermilk Fried Chicken or Potato Casserole).

I also love visiting different restaurants - especially locally-owned charmers. Make no mistake about it, some of the best food and ambiance can be found in these spots.

Dream Prophesy Blog - Something else I'm totally into is dreamology. I've been a bonafide dreamologist for nearly 4 years now. The entire arena is fascinating and colorful - almost as colorful as the people you come across. (Some of the e-mails I've received have put Dean Koontz to shame. Love these people!)


All Handhelds Blog - Wow, this one has all of one post! < /sarcasm > I've been waiting for Michael aka The Husband to blog it, he's waiting for me. What terrible, terrible blog parents we are to this one. It was a premie, born months too early.

#1 aka Emily has a new blog up, too: Strike a Chord - a music blog. Can't wait to see where she takes it. She's an amazing gal. I'm a fan.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Here's something one of my daughters (#1, again) came across in her e-mail that we both copied down. We've both re-read it time and time agian. It's cute. It's true.

I've Learned:

* That we should be glad God doesn't give us everything we ask for.

* That money doesn't buy class.

* That it's those small daily happenings that make life so spectacular. (Driving down the road with a car full of loved ones, singing along with Keith Urban on the radio, your arm out the window, hair blowing madly. That's life.)

* That the Lord didn't do it all in one day...what makes me think I can?

* That under everyone's hard shell is someone who wants to be appreciated and loved.

* That to ignore the facts does not change the facts.

* That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

* That love, not time, heals all wounds.

* That the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am.

* That everyone you meet deserves to be greeted with a smile.

* That life is tough, but I'm tougher. - (Amen!)

* That when you harbor bitterness, happiness will dock elsewhere.

* That I wish I could have told those I cared about that I love them one more time before they passed away.

* That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

* That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it.

* That the less time I have to work with, the more I get done.


* That it is best to give advice in only two circumstances: when it is requested, and when it is life-threatening.

I included the last one mainly because it's a controversial one, controversial even in my own mind!! About 6 years ago an aunt sort of pointed out to me that I needed to lose weight. I certainly hadn't requested the advice!!!! BUT, it got my attention and I immediately started buying Prevention magazine, counting calories, switched from Dr. Pepper to Diet Dr. Pepper, started using artifical sweetener in my coffee, began walking, etc. UNREQUESTED advice saw me go from a size 18 to a 10 in a matter of months. (On a taller person, a size 18 wouldn't be so bad, but on my 5'3" frame...well, that's another story.) I began to be able to do things I'd been unable to do, wear things I'd only dreamed of wearing, etc. I'd never had extra weight as a teen - then my 3 beautiful daughters came and I had "baby fat" that I had become accustomed to. UNTIL precious UNREQUESTED advice got my attention. Everytime we take long walks, ride bikes, swim, do yoga, jog or play tennis now I am unbelievably thankful for what at the time was not something I wanted to hear.

Oftentimes what we want to hear doesn't do us a danged bit of good. It's what we don't want to hear that'll help us.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I absolutely love you for sticking with me through all of that!

Joi
The Mental Fitness Center

Thanks for the link back....you're a dear. Great post, by the way!  

_____________________

"That when you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you."

Wow! I believe you wrote this for me today.

As a mom, you know we want to protect our kids. The older they get, the harder that becomes.... but the instinct never goes away.

My daughter was just caught up in a situation with someone I firmly believe was a sociopath. The whole thing has made me crazy and flled me with a desire to GET EVEN with this creep!

I had the ability to get this person and get them good, but, quite frankly, it wasn't feeling as good as I thought it would because that is not me.

On the other hand, I had the ability to scare this person into next week because a pattern had been set with previous young women and I figured this might scare the person straight!

And, don't jails "get even" with people who break the law?

Guess in the morning, I'll let it go.

But, at the moment by Mother Hen is running strong. You hurt my kid and I hurt you.  

_____________________

Post a Comment