<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d13026886\x26blogName\x3dTmfc+Out+of+Bounds!\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://tmfcoutofbounds.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://tmfcoutofbounds.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d-4508965599432447662', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"Fully live in the moment, and the energy of that moment will surpass all boundaries."

Previous Posts

Archives

Links


Powered for Blogger
by Blogger templates


Syndicate this site

Add to My Yahoo!


Subscribe with Bloglines

Subscribe in NewsGator Online

Subscribe in Pluck RSS reader

Find Blogs in the Blog Directory































































































































































































































































Tmfc Out of Bounds!

Sunday, June 05, 2005
Weekend Ranting...
By a lie, a man...annihilates his dignity as a man.
- Immanuel Kant


Politicians have worked hard over the years to bring a lot of shame and ridicule to their office. These men and women are leaders of our world, they should have nothing but reverence and respect. But far too many of them, through pride and greed, have blackened both of their profession's eyes . There have, of course, been the likes of Abraham Lincoln, Colin Powell, Ronald Reagan, George Bush, George W. Bush, Jimmy Carter, and Condoleezza Rice. But, the opposite end of the spectrum has a much longer list of names. They're the ones who seem hell-bent on destroying any dignity, respect or trust that's left in politics.

I actually didn't crawl up on my soap box today with politicians on my mind - I came with liars under my skin - this dubious group just offered a fine case study. Think about it, with one parting of the lips, Al Gore launched a million jokes. When people hear his name they don't automatically think "Nice looking man, smart, nice dresser, intelligent, beautiful family...." they hear the name and make a joke about him inventing the internet. He spent years and years working, studying, doing his hair, getting ahead in life - but what's his legacy? A really, really ridiculous statement. (What was the man think-ing??) Personally, I think he deserves better. I would have loved to have been there to throw a roll in his mouth before he went down that road.

A bigger example would be, of course, Mr. Clinton. OMG, did this man make a habit of lying or what. I think he's probably a pretty nice guy, and probably smarter than most of us think. I'm sure he'd make a good dinner companion, funny and friendly - you just couldn't believe one word he said between bites. How could he have even said "I didn't inhale" with a straight face? Not to mention his "relations" spiel. Puh-lease.

There are a group of people amongst us who are trying to rival the politicians for laughability and shame. They're working just as hard to bring ridicule and distrust to their "office". They're the people who are after my money (and yours!). They'll lie, fabricate information, and stretch the truth till it screams.

I don't know about you, but I hate to be lied to. Nothing makes me madder. I love people who are honest - even if they come across as absolute butts sometimes. I'll take an honest, give-it-to-you-straight type person ANY day over a sneaky drippy little liar. They make me nervous and give me mental hives.

"He who permits himself to tell a lie once, finds it much easier to do it a second and a third time till at length it becomes habitual."
- Thomas Jefferson

I think President Jefferson hit it on the head. Liars tell so many lies that they cease to be able to distinguish between fiction and non-fiction. Deep down they know darn well their porsche isn't in the shop - okay, so maybe it is, in the car dealership shop....waiting to be bought! With each subsequent lie, it gets easier and easier. They're prolific promoters of phony perjuries. (Say that 3 times fast!)

They twist and contort truth around like taffy. Why in the world can't they just be honest? You know what I'd love to see? Someone step up to the plate and say, "I'm just like you. I work very hard, I know what it's like to try to raise a family and get ahead, and I think I have something that could help us both out!" I'd listen.

"Lying and stealing are next door neighbors."
- Arabian Proverb

What's so appealing about the "You MUST listen to me, I'm Richie Rich. (are you impressed yet) I drive a reallllly expen$ive car, my wife wears Ross-Simons jewelry, (I know you're impressed now), our cat wears designer collars. We live the life grand. You don't. Guess that makes me worth listening to. You can do just that. For thousands of dollars, that is. That's right. I get paid to open my mouth. Pried shut until I hear the cha-ching."

I do myself a greater injury in lying that I do him of whom I tell a lie.
- Michel Eyquem De Montaigne

Know the pity? So many of these cats actually have things worth hearing. The worth isn't quite as high as they believe it to be, though. People work hard for their money. They put in their time, and often lots of it. There are things they could be, and should be spending their money on. Heck, they may even have a favorite charity they'd like to contribute to. Unfortunately, the majority of people who fall flat-faced for all the clicks and whistles don't know any better. The whistlers are counting on that, so they whistle on. They're tune never changes.

Just like the politicians, they're giving their profession a bad name which could very well lead to their ruin. They're Al Gore-ing all over themselves, and like him - I think they deserve better. Next time they meet in the tree house to get all their lies straight with one another, I think one needs to man-up, stand up and speak up.


Fortunately, just like the politicians, there are glaring exceptions. It takes a real man (or a real woman) to be honest. It takes sheer guts. Thankfully, they do exist - shining like fireflies on a summer night. They're the ones I follow.


~Joi
Hate hate hating herself some lying!

Post a Comment